Friday, February 18, 2011

My first day back to work

I am totally dead right now, it was my fist day back to work and I keep thinking how I really want to blog about it... so here goes:

It's 2pm and it goes like this:  ring ring "Hi this is Carly", caller: "Hi Carly, the boys 400 building has a boom-boom in the urinal can you let the custodians know.... Ohhh Carly WELCOME BACK, we missed you." 
Today went like this:  I slept through 3 alarms, luckily Quinn didn't and she got me up... she's such a great 4 year old!  I was groggy, confused and stiff but I got some coffee and we got ready.  Took Q to daycare and set off for my commute to work... a whopping .25 miles (hehe)... it was nice to be there and see everyone and it felt GOOD.  I felt alright and got myself situated.  The morning consisted of chit chat, looking through lots of emails and catching up on what's happening and what's happened...we did a quick fire drill... everything was all good... around 11am lunch began and the annual chili cook-off/ retirement potluck was going on in the staff lounge... I tasted chili, socialized a little and voted for my fav chili... then I went home to grab a netflix movie to put it in the mail... went back to work and started to go through my emails again... I have lots!... BUT nothing major... everything was pretty easy and even fun.  I never exerted myself, the staff  was great and super sweet, it was really nice to get back.  About 12pm the gal at the front desk had to go because she was up to 40 hours for the week so I went out to "cover" the front.  No biggie, do it all the time... about 12:30pm my back and hips started hurting really bad, then my arms started to tingle, my left wrist started to throb and I started to zone.  At 2ish I got a call about a "boom-boom" in a boys urinal and from that point on all I remember was smiling a lot to just get through the next 2 hours. 
So the day was great and the day was shizy.  I feel relieved that the day was great and I feel so shizy because I suddenly started to feel like shiz.  I had absolutely no control over the way I was feeling and couldn't talk myself out of it... once I started to "zone out" it was all over.  I am scared because today was a piece of cake, a walk in the park, and my body and mind failed me!!!  If a "boom-boom" in a urinal was the biggest problem of the day then the school day was a great day!  What the heck will I do when things go bazerk?  And believe me, days can be totally insane at an elementary school!... sometimes it's one insane thing after another for weeks!  I have been there so long and experienced some seriously crazy things YET I still do not cease to be amazed when something outrageous happens... because it will and it does!  The craziness is part of the reason why I love to do what I do... it's ever-changing yet routine. Bout now it's hard on me.
Is working right for me?... This is my question.  Sigh.

1 comment: