Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Let me count the ways...

Below is a list of the things that are stressing me out just this morning.  I'm not listing these things so you feel sorry for me, I am hoping to find out that I'm not the only freak of nature here and there are others out there like me.  The list is so random and to a normal person, most things listed would appear ridiculous.  Some are quite valid and enough to stress anyone out.  But ME, neurotic me... even through the breathing, the meditation, the yoga, the meds, here is a peek into the stress of Carly.
*My dad just had a vein removed because he has blood clots.
*My parents don't want me to worry about my dad...
*Right now a muscle in my ribs is twitching for no reason.
*I need to register Quinn for Kindergarten.
*I hope I get the teacher I want her to have for Kindergarten.
*I need to do taxes.
*Last year we short sold a house so we are probably going to owe taxes on the difference, Probably like 10grand will be owed.
*We are low on toilet paper in our house...
*Quinn's B-day is coming up soon, I always make a big deal of the kids birthdays.  I don't have energy to pick a party date and send out invitations.
*I haven't worked in 4 weeks.
*I'm not getting paid right now and I have not been approved for short term disability yet.
*I am worried about going back to work.  Will I have a million things to get caught up on?  Will the staff treat me different?  Either way I am full of anxiety over it.
*I have so much anxiety my heart hurts and skips a beat every once in a while.
*I think about the cardiologist who told me that because I have a hole in my heart I have to manage my anxiety, anxiety is bad for my heart.
*Right now a muscle in my leg is twitching for no reason.
*My house is a mess.
*Trent's room is half painted and all of the stuff from his room is in the hallway and has been for over 3 weeks.
*The kids need to make valentines.
*What can I make for dinner?
*Our christmas light still need to be take off the house.
*I need to pick Quinn up from school soon.
*I need to make lunch.
*There is a community yard sale in a couple of weeks, I'm excited to sell some junk, but I don't have the energy to gather things up.
*I left some coworkers hanging with a retirement party they are planning.
*Our school principal also retired early so we have a new principal sub right now, I don't know her but she seems nice... what does she think about me being gone and how will it be going back to work and adjusting to her "style".
*Will the parents bombard me when I return to work about why I was gone?
*When I go to my sleep study appointment, what will it be like?
*How can I become independently wealthy?
*I need to go through a stack of mail and bills on the table.
*I want to go clothes shopping but can't.
*I don't want to start wearing work clothes, my jeans and sweatshirts are so comfy.
*I need to put gas in my car.
*The dust in my house is driving me crazy.
*The ice maker in my fridge is messed up.
*I need to return the netflix movie.
*I used to be able to handle these things like super mom could.  I hate being a gimp right now.
*I hate when people ask me how I am because I am such a downer... I hate being a downer but I feel so crappy that I can't even fake being fine.
*Why do I obsess over all these things and why can't I just handle it???

Well, this is my morning.  My mind goes a million miles an hour, worry-worry, stress-stress.  I know it all seems SO STUPID.  I TRY to let it all go. I tell myself not to worry or think about it and to take things one step at a time, but it's HARD.  Welcome to the mind of ME. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carly. First off I want to say I am sorry for mis- spelling your name. I have shingles and it is brought on by stress. I am almost 52 years old and I have a hard time of letting things go. I have done the therapy and drugs. The one thing that I do know we all have stress and some deal with it better than others. My body does not deal with it so I have to go thru tough episodes........Have faith that your Doctor is helping you and if you do not have a good therapist get one, and mostly do not feel bad when you have to ask for help, others are out there and they want to help....it is just hard to except when you have type A personality like us. Have a good day, Hugs Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS what is normal! I have yet to figure that one out. Mary

    ReplyDelete