Tuesday, July 26, 2011

In the Twilight Zone

It seems like the last 5 or 6 weeks have been exceptionally hard.  The weather is a huge factor and the kids being on summer vacation is another major factor.  I love the kids being home, but it is extra exhausting and challenging keeping them entertained, fed and teaching them their responsibilities.  It would be so EASY for me to let them run a muck and be happy doing what they wanted whenever they wanted... But one of the most important things as being their mom is to teach them how to be a good contribution to society by being independent, responsible and good citizens.  I feel that chores are the best way to reinforce this in my children, this way they learn how to take care of things and over time take care of themselves.  I don't want to send my son off to college and him not know how to make a meal or to think someone will pick up after him.  Ya know?  For the most part  my kids are very good at doing their chores... BUT this summer has been a major test on my patience.  My kids want to be lazy, they see me resting and they think they can slack off or figure I am to tired to reinforce their duties.  They want to do everything else but what they should do to contribute to the function of our household and the {starving} pets.  I am looking for a way to reinforce these life lessons, maybe take a different approach... I need to come up with a good plan that will work with MY fibro and lack of energy and the fact that my brain is in the twilight zone... Any thoughts?

1 comment: