Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Nightmares

Last Thursday was back to school night at the kids school, my old work, and Monday was their first day of school.  Since Thursday I have noticed myself hurting more and more, thinking it was just the stress of a new school year for the kids and starting up a new routine.  Last night, I tossed and turned with muscle spasms, anxiety, body aches and NIGHTMARES.  When I woke up this morning it was apparent to me that I need to start taking this PTSD seriously and realize that it effecting my well being.  My kids will go to school for a long, long time and I will be going to the school at least twice a day for pick up and drop off, never mind the classroom volunteering that I soooo wish to do.  If I don't start getting to the root of all this then I don't think my fibro will ever be manageable.  I have always just shrugged the whole PTSD theory off, I mean, I know in my head that my irrational worries are stupid.  BUT, it is still effecting me to the point of severe pain!  OMG!!!  This is not a "mind over matter" situation, at least, not without the right help. 

3 comments:

  1. what has caused your PTSD? (just curious)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's complicated... But the bottom line is that I felt responsible for the safety of hundreds of people. My head knows it's so irrational and I know I did a great job handling that crazy situation... but I just can't control the fear and anxiety that takes over. I try to FAKE it around everyone to appear "normal" but that ends up making my body hurt so bad. It's so WEIRD!!! Uggggg.
    I wish you weren't "anonymous"... I'd love to know who you are! :)
    Thanks for reading!
    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great information. This works great for me. Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete