Monday, April 25, 2011

Until I REALLY vent I don't think I'll ever get over it...

So I went to my office on Friday to disassemble my life @ work from the last 8 years.  I took my camera to take some photos to scrapbook and take down my things to put closure to it all.  When I unlocked my office door and turned on the lights I suddenly felt like I was sucker punched in the gut, my breath was taken away and I instantly burst into uncontrollable sobs.  SOMEONE, took it upon themselves to take down MY things, MY life and put it all into boxes.  It was like someone was telling me to hurry up and get the freak out.  Now the thought crossed my mind that someone did it with a good heart... but I SPECIFICALLY had a conversation with someone about this very thing.  I said "I am technically an employee on FMLA leave until April 29th, so it would mean a lot to me if NO ONE removed my belongings.  I will do it myself on the Friday holiday that no one works."  I made it very clear that this was important to me... so WHY would she allow someone to do that???  It's not like my heart is broken enough?  Now you gotta kick me when I'm down???  The whole thing is just so RUDE!  I feel sooooo meaningless.  Every time I try to work it out in my head I cry... I look at the boxes in my craft room that someone else packed up and cry, it wasn't their life to take down.  I put my heart and soul into my job and that school and I just feel so hurt.  This was going to be closure for me, it took me weeks to get used to the idea of packing it all up. I can't believe my life right now!  There are many pro's and many con's... It's really hard getting used to my new life. 

1 comment:

  1. Well, that sucked. I think it always is hard to know that you aren't as important to an employer as you thought you were. It seems to me in this case that someone dropped the ball. Pretty insensitive.

    Do you belong to any online forums or anything to be able to talk to others with this disease?

    Try to visualize your life as a river flowing along really nicely. All of a sudden, rapids appear and you are thrown down a fork you never would have anticipated. You are being hurtled down a very scary and unknown road. Hang in there, kiddo. The rapids will end soon and things will even out. Just make sure that you have someone to REALLY talk to about it all. My love to you and the family too.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete