Wednesday, April 13, 2011

TMI {Probably}

Well, it's been a while since I posted.  A lot has been going on and I experienced another flare up so I was "out" for a bit. 
Like I said, a lot has been going on... psychically and emotionally.  Emotionally, my doctor told me to refrain from work, PERIOD.  So, I have been taking steps to take a years leave of absence.  (A year because I am not ready to commit to forever) The process has been a lot of paperwork and meetings.  Besides that being draining, the thought of leaving a job and people that I love is so sad!  I get so upset with myself for not being able to "do it" that I stress myself out even more.  Through the process I have been approved for a year of leave.  It is such a relief and huge weight off my shoulders to know that it's all taken care of and I don't have to worry about work wondering when I might return and what's not getting done at the office.  It's all bitter sweet.  :( 
Psychically, (here's where it gets to be TMI) I had an IUD removed and a new one put in.  With the fibro, it made this procedure hurt so bad, I was down for a couple of days after with a lot of cramping.  Along with the IUD, I was diagnosed with IC, Interstitial Cystitis.  IC is a painful bladder syndrome which goes hand in hand with fibro.  For years I have had pain but never the "time" to really look into it.  It is painful in my low abdomen to sit from the pressure in my bladder and I have to pee a lot... 2-3 times at night.  In the last 2 weeks I have done 2 of 4 procedures for the IC, (more TMI) basically they drain my bladder and fill it up with medication.  That process also takes a lot out of me psychically and emotionally.  The fibro makes the simple process more painful than for others.
Along with my fibromyalgia I have and have recently been diagnosed with other "partner" illnesses:
Fibromyalgia
Chronic Fatigue
Anxiety Disorder
Restless Leg Syndrome
TMJ (Joint disorder in the jaw)
PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder)
Sinisitus
IC (Interstitial Cystitis)
And... hopefully no more coming :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello my dear, I really wish I could talk to you. I listen to what you are saying and see these symtoms in Jessica, I have asked you if this can be a family history trait..........I often think Jess is to young, but the case may be that it starts young and know one knows that............I believe her dad has stated he has Fibro.......so I would think she should tell her Doctor regarding him and you......have a good day. Lots of Hugs Mary

    ReplyDelete